Scroll Mounting in Southern California

First, see General Framing Info or our Step-by-step Asian Artwork Framing Tutorial. Or, you might be looking for How to Care For and Hang Your Wall Scroll.
Face10000Waves

Scroll Mounting in Southern California

Post by Face10000Waves » Jan 4, 2008 11:41 am

Hi, my name is Chris and I live in San Diego.

I have made a painting that I wish to mount on a scroll, but I do not know where to go for this kind of work.

This is urgent, because the painting is intended to be a gift for a university in Japan.

Can you tell me where is the best place for me to go to get this work done quickly?

If there is someone in San Diego or nearby counties, that would be perfect, but if necessary I will ship it. The major issue is turnaround time, and shipping from California to Beijing, back to California and then to Japan will take too long.

We will be departing for Japan soon.

Thank you for your help,

Chris Mechling

Gary
The Boss

Chinese artwork mounting and scroll making in So. California

Post by Gary » Jan 6, 2008 6:50 pm

I looked and looked, and it seems I have lost the contact information for the Chinese lady that does this in San Diego.

I did a web search for you on Chinese Google, and this is a likely source for you

Face10000Waves

Thanks

Post by Face10000Waves » Jan 7, 2008 2:20 pm

I appreciate your efforts to help me, and I'll definitely keep you in mind for future work, when I have a bit more time to work with.

A friend I trust, who is a very experienced Oriental artist, has volunteered to help me in this case.