My wife's name SHINDY in Chinese

Post here if you need your name added to our list of transliterated Mandarin Chinese names. Please note that we usually only do given names (first names), but we will try your family name if you really want it. If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
Forum rules
If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
Net130Y

My wife's name SHINDY in Chinese

Post by Net130Y » Dec 11, 2011 6:26 am

My name is BILLY and my wife is SHINDY, can you help me make me and my wife name in chinese ? Father in law also chinese but he doesnt know..

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 13, 2011 1:50 pm

So Shindy is a Chinese name? The official Pinyin romanization is probably supposed to be "shin-di".

Maybe you can have your wife write down her name and then scan it and post the image here. It can be hard to guess which characters match up with a certain romanization. For instance, there's more than 80 Chinese characters that romanizes as "shin".

Billy is here: http://www.orientaloutpost.com/billy.php

-Gary.

Net130Y

tx for reply quick

Post by Net130Y » Dec 13, 2011 9:31 pm

helo there, thx for quick response, shindy is not chinese name,her middle name is Lian, shindy just an ordinary name, an indonesian name..

Net130Y

Re: tx for reply quick

Post by Net130Y » Dec 15, 2011 8:01 am

helo there, thx for quick response, shindy is not chinese name,her middle name is Lian, shindy just an ordinary name, an indonesian name..
Please help, my wife full name is FRISKA LIAN SHINDY WONGKAR, i plann to made Caligraphy for her

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Dec 15, 2011 5:04 pm

It's on the to-do list for my translator. She's kind of busy right now, but I think your project will come to the top of her list in the next 24 hours.

You just want "Shindy" for the calligraphy, right?

Full names kind of look like a word jumble in Chinese, so a single name is best.

-Gary.

Cat
Professional Chinese Translator

Post by Cat » Dec 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Your wife's full name "FRISKA LIAN SHINDY WONGKAR" transliterated into Mandarin Chinese is :

富利斯卡·莉安·辛迪·旺卡尔 (fu4 li4 si1 ka3, li4 an1, xin1 di2, wang4 ka3 er3)

If you just want the Shindy part, then 辛迪 (xin1 di2) is the one.

Like Gary suggested, "Shindy" alone as a wall scroll is better than the full name.

The complete name on a wall scroll some how makes people feel like it's for a funeral or something sad... I don't think that's what you want...;)

-Cat.

Gary
The Boss

Re: My wife's name SHINDY in Chinese

Post by Gary » Mar 29, 2012 9:43 am

Not sure if you ever decided what you wanted. However, the name Shindy has been added for you here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/name.php?n=shindy

-Gary.