please add name Payton and a question

Post here if you need your name added to our list of transliterated Mandarin Chinese names. Please note that we usually only do given names (first names), but we will try your family name if you really want it. If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
Forum rules
If your name is not English or Spanish or is uncommon, please include the culture or language origin of your name and/or some pronunciation hints.
amrambo

please add name Payton and a question

Post by amrambo » Feb 6, 2012 5:02 pm

Please add Payton - english origin

And how many names can be put on a scroll?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Feb 6, 2012 5:27 pm

I've sent this request on to the translator. She'll have this added in a day or so.

As for as how many names on one scroll, I recommend just one.

The reason:

We're using Chinese characters by pronunciation (not meaning) to approximate how your name sounds. You end up with a few characters that don't have a concise meaning, but when a Chinese person sees them and sounds them out, they will realize it's a name.

If you try to do a first, middle, and last name altogether, it just starts looking like a jumbled accident of characters on a wall scroll. You'd basically have to inform the Chinese person who is viewing the wall scroll that there are several western names on it before they'd figure it out.

-Gary.

amrambo

thank you...

Post by amrambo » Feb 6, 2012 5:36 pm

Do you have anything on your site that would accommodate 4 separate names?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Feb 6, 2012 10:33 pm

The one thing I sometimes suggest for families is a large single character for "family" at the top. Then, the names written in smaller characters/columns below.

I don't have an exact example of this, but it would be a little like this:

[image="http://www.orientaloutpost.com/usa/n12010.jpg"][/image]

You can order this by clicking the "Select and Customize" button next to the first title on this page:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/family.php

Add your names as the inscription after you select your calligrapher.

-Gary.

amrambo

payton name and wall scroll

Post by amrambo » Feb 8, 2012 1:50 pm

I know you must be busy, sorry for the multiple questions.

If I decide to go with a "family" wall scroll and have our names listed under it would there be something with it to let me know who's name is what?

And, do I need to check back at the forum for the Payton name translation or will I receive an e-mail.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Feb 8, 2012 2:04 pm

I just sent an email to the translator to nudge her about adding this name.

If you want a note about which name is which for the "family" wall scroll idea, just include a special note about that (Under the special instructions tab when you customize this before adding it to your shopping cart), and I'll write something up for you when I ship your custom wall scroll.

-Gary.

Cat
Professional Chinese Translator

Post by Cat » Feb 8, 2012 11:43 pm

You can find the name "Payton" at:

http://www.orientaloutpost.com/name.php?n=payton

-Cat.