Custom Calligraphy Asian Art Question

We'll be happy to translate a simple phrase into Mandarin Chinese for you. We can also do your favorite Bible verse, or Chinese philosophy. If you need a long phrase, poem, or song lyrics translated, there may be a translation charge (we'll let you know before we do it).
Charlotte

Custom Calligraphy Asian Art Question

Post by Charlotte » Nov 18, 2007 1:03 am

Hello,
Your work is beautiful.

I would like to order a wall scroll that has the words
Humility
Patience
Respect

In that order. I do not see how to select the three words. From what I can see, it will be 5 symbols - and 6' tall.

Please let me know how I can do this - it is for a Christmas present to be shipped to the U.S.A.

Thank you!
Charlotte Ayers

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Nov 20, 2007 12:17 am

We are working on your project. There are some unique translation issues that we're figuring out. As soon as the Chinese translator and I come up with the best solution, I will present it to you.

We've been working on this on-and-off for a few days now. We take these requests very seriously, and want to make sure it's completely correct and has good meaning.

FYI:
Word lists like this do present certain problems. Most Chinese calligraphy is either a single word, a phrase, an idiom, or a poem. Basically, they have a subject, object, and verb - or at least 2 out of 3 for some writings in ancient Chinese.

In most cases, word lists are not that natural in Asian languages.

Cheers,
-Gary.